Taking an Enterprise View of Imaging…What Every Healthcare Organization Needs to Know
Kim Garriott, Principal Consultant Healthcare Strategies for Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider joins eHealth Radio and theHealthcare and Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & Kim Garriott discuss the following:
- Hospitals that want to be up to date in their imaging strategies are really undergoing a transformation of sorts. Can you explain this “transformation journey” and why it’s important to recognize and address the changing landscape of imaging sooner rather than later?
- Now that hospitals are turning their attention to the optimization of electronic medical records (EMRs), this seems like the ideal time to address this transformation. What strategy do you recommend CIOs consider as part of their optimization efforts and imaging?
- You mentioned earlier that images may be produced in as many as 40 service lines. With images being produced in so many clinical areas, how are organizations managing this influx of new clinical content?
- It’s not difficult to see why organizations may be struggling with these challenges. What are solution providers doing to support a streamlined enterprise imaging environment?
- Do you have any tips for how organizations can begin to take an enterprise view of imaging?