The pressures on today’s data centers are building. Mergers and acquisitions jam more technology into tighter spaces.
Increasing computational demands create crowded equipment racks. Staggering power and cooling requirements cripple budgets. As a result, a high percentage of data centers are reaching the end of their life cycle.
Companies that strategically confront their data centers instead of avoiding them are finding significant opportunities to rationalize, consolidate, and optimize data centers to serve their needs better. A proactive data center plan can help you do the following:
- Save Money and Energy—Advances in cooling technologies save you money and reduce energy consumption.
- Become More Responsive—Rationalized IT systems make it easier to respond to changing demands.
- Become More Prepared—Implementing the latest IP-based monitoring tools eliminates surprises to help build a true “lights-out” room.
- Leverage IT Consolidation—Realize the full benefits of IT consolidation efforts in reclaimed floor space and lower energy bills.
- Simplify Maintenance—Reducing complexity facilitates maintenance and allows you more flexibility.
- Be Ready for Tomorrow—Energy-efficient, optimized data centers prepare your organization for the data requirements of tomorrow.
Next Step: Plan & Implement