To remain aligned with your business, ITSM solutions do require ongoing management and reviews.
This can be accomplished by setting up periodic internal reviews to determine what changes need to be made.
You also have the option to purchase your ITSM solution as a service. This will give you the flexibility to incorporate management services into your solution. Your ITSM provider can offer regular checkups to make sure your ITSM solution is meeting your business’s needs.
Keep in mind the following for the ongoing health of your ITSM solution:
- Experience—Work with a partner who has years of experience; leverage your partner’s experience to ensure a smooth implementation.
- Effectiveness—Look for a partner who can provide recommendations grounded in sound business judgment, based on best practices, and customized to your unique business requirements.
- Efficiency—Use pre-built questionnaires based on ITIL, COBIT, and ISO to understand your current process and define gaps. Standard, defined ITSM template processes that incorporate best practices provide an excellent starting point to define your customized processes quicker.
Our approach to the ITSM process starts with a business discussion with senior management. Establishing the business strategy and objectives allows us to assess technology’s ability to enable the business and helps put assessment findings in context so improvement opportunities can be evaluated based on their business impact.
We use a tool with a standard set of basic ITSM templates to understand your current process and to define gaps. The templates are based on ITIL, COBIT, and ISO standards. We collaborate with you by using surveys, workshops, whiteboard sessions, and validation review meetings to design processes that follow best practices but are modified to work within your organization.
- Baseline process review: The consultants use a tool with a standard set of basic ITSM templates (based on ITIL, COBIT, and ISO standards) to understand the current process and to define gaps.
- Process design and validation: The consultants then collaborate with the client by using surveys, workshops, whiteboard sessions, and validation review meetings to design processes that follow best practices but are modified to work within the organization.
- Technical design: Our solution architects use ServiceNow to develop the technical framework that unites your infrastructure.
- IT governance: Our IT governance consultants help put structure around IT organizations to align IT strategy with business strategy.
- Risk management: To protect organizations, our risk management consultants customize services to enable organizations to make intelligent risk management decisions and investments based on adoption maturity, business objectives, and risk tolerance level.
ServiceNow is the software we use for ITSM. It’s the top in the field and is all inclusive, which equals more value. We are a top ServiceNow provider.
- Scoping and Design
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Knowledge Management
- Service-Catalog Management
Next Step: Contact Logicalis