What should you look for in a managed services provider? These 6 considerations should be at the top of your list as your narrow down potential partners.
How to choose a managed services provider
With a wide range of options for choosing a managed services provider, how does your organization ensure that they make the right choice? To ensure that you get a top tier managed services provider, follow our six guidelines below.
- Does your provider offer a single point of contact? Managed services providers should give you a dedicated manager who is an expert on your organization.
- Does the managed services provider have centralized analytics capabilities? Analytics enable providers to identify patterns and proactively address issues that may occur.
- Does your managed services provider offer globalized service? Globalized service provides around the clock, global reach for your organization.
- Does your partner offer tiered cost systems? Prices for monitoring non-critical systems should not cost the same as your highly important critical systems.
- Do SLA options hold the provider accountable? Look for a provider who is willing to pay a penalty fee if they do not meet target resolution times.
- How easy is it to communicate with your provider? Look for a provider who allows you to set preferences for change approvals in a way that is most convenient to you.